About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

My Blog List

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Monday, December 6, 2010

So Far

It's always the same people at the gym: the skinny girls pounding away on the elliptical machines, the sweet lady who runs for an hour on the treadmill, the 65+ year-old lady rocking the hell out of those weight machines (with heavy weights!), the little old ladies tittering in the dressing room on their to/from the pool, etc. There is something comforting about the constant. I've even got used to my autonomy being disrupted by the PT saying "hi" to me every morning (and he uses my first name, so it is kind of weird . . .). At some level, I have finally gotten over my anxiety over the way I look. But, really, no one looks their best at the gym. For goodness sake's, we're all hot and sweaty!

Last week, a girl told me that she thought I was really flexible. I'm not sure whether it's true, but it really stroked my ego malu You know how muscle builders have a problem lowering their arms all the way? Yeah, well, that is my legs! They are rock hard! It's awesome, but it makes it harder to find jeans. Meh, you can't get it all, I suppose.

Still no job. I've been calling, trying to get on for seasonal work, etc. Nothing. A big, fat nothing! I considered moving 4hrs away to get a job at the mine paying $35/hr. I'm not sure if they are hiring or they would hire me, but it would be money. Honestly, I'm afraid of leaving hubby and Juneau. It would be really hard on everyone. LoL, hubby suggested that we should both get jobs at the mine. It would end with a salary close to 140k/yr!

Christmas has been postponed this year. Since I don't have a job, we don't have the money to celebrate and gift family. *sigh* I'm still trying to trust God, but I have so many doubts flying around my head. However, we did purchase my mom a gift during the summer, and I've made a blanket and plushy Cthulhu for my niece. The yarn was from my massive yarn stash, so it didn't cost much. We're also getting her an ornament. It is a tradition in my family to give all the kids an ornament every year. I want to bring this tradition into my new family sengihnampakgigi

We started looking for new cars. The insurance hasn't told us if the car has been totaled. However, once they decide it was totaled, we only have 4 days with the rental before we have to pay for it. Since Juneau is a part of the family, we're actually considering an SUV. We loved our Lincoln Zephyr, but it is more practical to go a different direction. She would fit in the back better, we could actually have more room for her and stuff, it would work wonderfully in the mountains, and hubby would be able to fit his skis in the car for ski-joring.

My birthday is in a week! Since it is during the week, we're having a party of the 18th. It's going to be a geek-end: all video games, all the time! We're getting a couple of pizzas and 2-liters. Everyone is supposed to bring games/systems and favorite video munchies. Angel is driving over for the weekend, and Torg is going to be there too. Since Tron: Legacy is coming out that Friday, Ninja, Angel, Torg, hubby, and me are going on Sunday afternoon. Hubby, Ninja, and I just re-watched the original last Saturday. nerd

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tis the season, where everyone is broke. I feel your pain! something will come up! its always darkest before dawn. :) keep your chin up!!

sinn said...

@Trisha: Thanks!