About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

My Blog List

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010

New Year's Overhaul

When I got home from the gym, I really sat down and finally thought about things.

Getting exercise has been amazing! My hubby has even noticed my increased energy, mood, and general health. I have been plugging away at the gym since August, and I'm very proud of myself. I haven't needed an accountability buddy to keep me going. I have been my own motivation, and that is really affirming. And, even though a lot of weight has not been lost, I feel sexy! For the first time, in a LONG time, I feel sexy and hot!

While the exercising has been amazing, my eating options have not been the best. At this point, I am just maintaining my weight: Exercising enough to burn off the calories I consume. I'm tired of that lifestyle. And, yes, I admit that I like soda, I enjoy eating out, not having limitations on what I eat, overeating due to love of food/flavor, etc. But, you know what, I am worth more than that. As discussed in older posts, I come from a long, long line of diabetics. All of my mother's aunts (and mother) have diabetes and my dad has to give himself shots. Even though all of my blood chemistry is awesome, I am still setting off pre-diabetic warning signals. If I die early, I want to due to something outside of my control. I don't want to be sitting here 20+ years from now and wish/regret that I never cared about myself.

Granted, it would be nice to lose weight! But I don't want that my focus. If I eat healthy and continue with the exercise and don't lose weight, *shrug* than I don't. However, I think keeping a tab on my weight is a good thing. For one, I will know what is normal for me and possibly when I hit a plateau.

Anyway, here is the plan:
  • 151 days (5mo) to change blood chemistry/diabetes markers and get into regular healthy eating habits (actually getting a food journal going).
  • By the first week of April, I want to be able to jog 3 miles in about 30 minutes and be able to keep up with Juneau
The strategy:

I need to get back into the habit of weekly menu planning. We are tight for money, so it would save a lot. Well, it did save a lot of money. We were able to stay within our food budget. As for exercise, I'm planning on working through Couch to 5k. I don't want to run a 5k, but it would be awesome to have that ability!

I usually have issues with New Year's resolutions, but this is mine. I'm going to continue heading to the gym 3x/wk and working myself hard. However, while still thinking about being mindful of portion control -- especially on the holidays! -- the major food overhaul will start on January 1, 2011. My counter of 151 days and 3 miles will start on January 1 as well.

Anyways, that's it. It seems kind of daunting, but I know I can do it! sengihnampakgigi

1 comments:

spice2116 said...

such amazing goals!! i think a goal to run is awesome!! i can jog a few seconds but then i stop i just dont like it. i would rather walk fast lol