About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, November 20, 2010

Walking Dead

Walking to the back door to, once again, open the door for Juneau, I was absently playing with my belt. Running my fingers across the studded metal stars, feeling the divets for the leather cutouts, and slipping my fingers through the belt loops. While doing this, it became immediately clear that something was different. My belt was loose! When I bought this belt, I was unsure whether it would fit correctly. Putting it on the first time was pretty rewarding. Now I could hold up my spiffy, too-large pants. Plus, it has metal stars in it! Anyways, after putting it on for the first time, the belt made it known that it was still snug. However, to finish the story, fingering my belt, I would that there was a good 2 inches between large circumference of my hips and the studded leather. Yes, even on the tightest setting, my belt was very loose. I decided that this explains why I've been so focused on hitching up my pants whenever I move around. Needless to say, that was a neat moment. celebrate

The unseasonable warm weather has finally given way to snow. It claimed the sleepy town about a week ago. While exceptionally cold some of the days, it has leaned more towards the warmer side of the spectrum. At times, however, the warmer weather has not helped the roads improve. It was a battle convincing myself the overcome my fear and actually drive the car in the foul conditions. Unfortunately, I was too overrun on Monday to force myself to drive on the roads. Plus, I had been out of Singulair. While it is a valid excuse, I clung to it more than was necessary.

This weekend should see the end of 40 degree weather and allow the snow to herald the way for Thanksgiving. It ought to be fun seeing how many students are trapped in town for the holiday. We are planning on traveling as well. Part of me hopes that the roads are closed. However, it will be nice to get out of the house . . . Out of the town!

Lately, I've been struggling. Struggling with this blog, with weight and weight-loss, life, etc. I want to be healthy and lose weight, but I have been so discouraged by it. I have kept to getting up and going to the gym 3/wk (not the last few). I've lost visible inches, I have more energy, but I would still rather sit around and read a book or take nap. And, with this blog, I don't know what to do. I'm not sure even how to relate my issues, and, when I do, it feels as though I shouldn't. Wasn't this supposed to be a healthy-type blog? But then I tell myself that health is not limited to weight-loss. Health encompasses a whole plethora of things. Weight-loss is only one in that list. As far as life . . . Job . . . I've been looking for work since mid-July. I've had 2 interviews. 2! This is really, really getting me down. My student loan bill comes due in February, and we won't have any money left if I cannot find a job. *sigh* I know that God is faithful, but getting closer to the deadline is making it hard to trust. On top of this, I feel like my marriage and personal life are in a slump. Aside from one person, all of our friends have moved away. Needless to say, every evening is spent with hubby in front of his computer game until after midnight and me watching TV or reading a book. And time with my friends includes texting Angel throughout the day. I love talking to her, but face-to-face interaction would be so much nicer. Ug, I just think life in general is kind of stuck in stagnant pond.

These are the things running through my head the last several weeks. In a lot of ways, it is easier to push them aside and pretend nothing bad is happening. However, there is only so long that things will stay under wrap. xpasti

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wooo hooo!!! Nothing is more rewarding then a loose belt or baggy pants!! You go girl!!