About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, November 4, 2010

Life . . . Sometimes it just happens

Okay, I admit it. I have been absent for quite some time. Any excuses or reasons? Not really. I think I've just been burnt out on everything. I've been sick, looking for work, watching Avatar: The Last Airbender on Netflix, reading, and playing around with my resume and writing endless cover letters. I don't know. I think I'm bored with the computer. In essence, life has been happening. Sometimes it is really sneaky and jumps in front of you.

I haven't kept up with my smart eating. I have still been making a lot of the lower calorie food, but I haven't practiced my good eating habits outside of that. Haha, I say this while I am drinking a Starbuck's frappacino. Even though I've kind of flopped there, the gym is still in full force. However, this weekend I came down with a cold and missed Monday's gym time. Walking around Hastings on Sunday, I discovered that it was really causing my asthma to act up. I was panting, having a hard time breathing, lightheadedness, etc. So when Wednesday rolled around, I decided hitting the cardio as hard as normal was a bad idea. Jumped on the recumbent bike for awhile (reading was nice a relaxing while peddling away) and concluded with stretches.

After this afternoon, I've had two job interviews. Both at the same location. One was working for janitorial and the other was student financial aide. The janitorial position could take approximately 6 weeks to get a call back. The other job will let me know ont he week of the 15th if I am called back for a second interview. This latest interview felt as though it went pretty well. Haha, I even outdressed the people who worked there! That has got to count for something ^_~

I would much rather work with financial services. It would be less demanding due to the hours -- *ahem* no night hours.

Aside from that, I have a TON of applications out there and received no call-backs. Student loan payments start in Feb. I'm nervous.

Ug, this is a recap of the previous post. Only minor updates. My life is boring. I've been unmotivated to do much. Looking for work, reading, watching TV, and crocheting a baby blanket for my niece have taken up my time. It doesn't feel this way, but it seems as though I am stuck in a rut. And the worst part: I really don't give a damn.

That reminds me! I need to turn in two applciations to the workforce center and take the typing test. Hopefully something good will come from either the student finacial aide position or the two with the city/county I'm turning in tomorrow. *crosses fingers*

4 comments:

The Incredible Shrinking Woman said...

Crossing everything I can for you- fingers, legs, toes, eyes... Hang in there!

sinn said...

Aww, thanks, sweetie!

spice2116 said...

i know what you mean, i have so been not wanting to be on the computer but then i always drift back. lol

good luck with your interviews!!

sinn said...

@Ginger: Yeah, books have been far more interesting lately. And, I admit, I've been streaming Avatar on Netflix *^_^*

Still haven't heard anything from jobs. I've turned in 3 or 4 apps. At this point, it's the waiting game . . . Doubt I will hear anything before the holiday. Thanks for the "good luck;!