About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

My Blog List

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Eventful Lunch Hour

We got into a car accident this afternoon. We were pulling out o a parking spot on a one-way while someone was turning onto the street. The worst part, they were an elderly person who was also handicapped! I felt terrible. Our back bumper took most of the impact. You can tell we got into an accident, but it doesn't look too bad. The back light cover on the driver-side broke. His car, on the other hand, looks awful! The passenger-side fender was pretty crumpled. The impact caused his car to leak window cleaner. We were afraid that it was something more.

After everything was said and done, the police office didn't cite anyone. He said that it was the other guy's fault, because he was turning onto the one-way while we were already on it. In addition the distance between our parking spot and the corner wasn't enough to really see the other car. Both hubby and other driver said that they didn't see each other, so it really wasn't any one person's fault.

This week as not been the best food week. The timing of the paycheck and the end of the week has really screwed things up. I need to sit down and figure out another menu. I'm going to have to crack the whip tomorrow and make sure that I start thinking about my choices. However, one really positive thing, I have not stopped my weekly exercise! Even though the elliptical was harder this today, everything got off without a hitch.

Well, back to my utter geekiness -- Zombie Strippers. Yes, I am that geeky ^_~

3 comments:

Losing It said...

Glad to hear no one was hurt. Accidents, no matter how minor, are never a good thing.

My advice on the menu front is to start easy. I don't know about you, but I tend to be a craver and the more hungry I get, the worse the craving.
So, I try to have simple meals ready to go. Until I get it under control, they are usually the same thing.

Slimwichs and lunch meat are easy. Eggs with low carb wraps cake. Lots of fruit and veggies.

Make it easier on yourself and it will become more automatic.

Michele said...

I found your blog through Nuggets of Truth. Refreshing. Looks like you are plowing ahead. Michele

sinn said...

@Roxie: Thanks for the advice! I'll keep that in mind heading into next week. I need to remember how my stress levels went down cooking and eating at home.

@Michele: Thanks!!