About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

My Blog List

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Monday, January 10, 2011

Treadmill Territory

This post from fitsugar.com sums it up perfectly:

Going to the gym has been a little frustrating lately — it's packed, chaotic, and hectic. My normally overlooked corner of the cardio room is occupied whenever I'm there, and it seems that every hour is peak hour. I know that January is typically a crowded time for fitness centers: people are making good on New Year's resolutions, and the best membership deals are being offered. I just wish these resolutionaries knew a little more about gym etiquette. But, whining aside, I am glad that people are making their health a priority; here's hoping it keeps up all year long! How's life at your gym — are you bumping elbows in yoga class and waiting in line for the treadmill?

Since going to the gym, I've noticed that we all gravitate to our favorite machines. When I come up into the cardio room, I will find myself eyeballing someone if they are on machine. I know there are several treadmills, but I like that one. Yeah, the one with the slanted hand holds, sitting near the fan, and right in front of the TVs. I don't know, something about being able to zone out to music and watching some TV at the same time helps the time pass quickly. If the high school girls would come back for more competitions while I was at the gym, I would climb onto the same style treadmill in front of the windows overlooking the pool. While I started my elliptical adventures over there because I was too timid to be in front of everyone, it is rather boring watching one or two people swimming laps and the life guard occasionally walking around the pool area. That being said, screw being in front of everyone (in all reality, the treadmill I like is close to the back!) and park me in front of the TV!

What's your favorite machine? Have you noticed the increase? I figured it was coming, but . . . Man, it is even harder to get my treadmill strategically placed near the fan and in front of the TVs.

Today was the first day of week 2! I really pushed myself. My shin started to get a little upset at me, but it didn't hurt. I'm going to spend a little more time this evening in the running book and see if it discusses the kind of discomfort I'm feeling. When I hit the cool down, it goes away almost instantly. It seems it is due to lack of exercise in that way. *shrug* But I got through 18min of run-walk time! That put me on the machine for nearly 30min and got to .96 miles! w00t! I should hit 1 mile Wednesday. It isn't running a mile, but I think it is still a big milestone! Go me!!

Sinn

3 comments:

Joy said...

Went to the gym tonight - it was so crowded!! I thought it would be empty because of the college football game being played tonight. Nope the guys were all at the gym watching the game on the tv. The weight room was so full, you could not get onto any machine. I got in 40 minutes on the treadmill and that was it!!

Keep going you're doing great!

Marci said...

Hopefully the gyms will all go back to normal soon; right now they're all full of the "New Years Resolutioners" so to speak...you know the ones who resolve to lose more weight and get more healthy in the new year but end up only going for a couple months. They're my favorites. :)

As for me, I also have my fave machine. The one on the end, so I only have one sweaty person next to me! haha

sinn said...

@Joy: 40 minutes isn't bad :) Sheesh, you would think the guys would stay home and watch the game from the couch w/ remote in one hand and beer in the other. Strange!

@Marci: While I want people to get healthy, I'm impatiently waiting for the gym to clear out! That sounds so terrible!!

That's just awesome about your fav machine! Surrounded by the younger girls doing 100mph on the elliptical, I sometimes feel self conscious on my treadmill :( LoL, that's why TV and loud music is good :)