About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

My Blog List

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Something smells rather fishy

Fish! Why does it always have to be fish?

My doctor told me I needed to embrace a 1500 cal/day diet. So, being me, I bought a recipe book in hopes that I could try to fit that into my diet. But, sadly, those diets always want to feed you fish!

If there was a bane of my eating existence, it would be fish. Not only do the sea dwellers taste and smell absolutely foul, they hit my stomach and come back. If one must eat fish, it tastes so much worse coming back!

Problem #2: Chicken/poultry. I grew up hearing the wisdom of my grandfather rattling around in my brain: "Fowl is foul." Those words are still true to me today. However, I've been willing to open up and put the occasional chicken strips on my salad. But, if I get right down to it, chicken is not my favorite meat.

Really digging into it, I enjoy beef. Just give me the damn cow, and I'll be happy!

At the end of the day, I am a picky eater. I figure that I have the right to control what goes into my body. Even though I love veggies, I am a grease girl all the way! This view of mine has led me astray too many times. I can justify ice cream even when I'm full -- "It sounds good, and I want it." I want to teach myself and make it a habit to wisely consider every morsel that enters my mouth. But, at the same time, I want to enjoy food. If it was so bad, God wouldn't have made it.

I wonder if Geneen Roth's 7 eating guidelines will help me:


1. Eat when you are hungry
2. Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.
3. Eat without distractions. Distractions include radio, television, newspapers, books, intense of anxiety-producing conversations of music.
4. Eat what your body wants.
5. Eat until you are satisfied.
6. Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.
7. Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure

How do I incorporate these guidelines into a 1500 cal/day diet or even a diabetic diet? Honestly, sometimes I just want a Snickers! Maybe trying to eliminate certain things from my diet and replacing them with better options. Really, I don't knows how to live by these guidelines and still lose weight. One way or the other, it can be done. Geneen Roth has lived this way for a long time, and she has lost massive amounts of weight. She has also maintained! I'm hoping that digging deeper into this book will help me understand these guidelines better.

I want to start menu planning. We tried it for a week, and we failed miserably! I don't know. My taste buds might want something different than what is planned. Maybe I should mix up the recipes based on what I want. I should make a list of recipes for a week, do the shopping, and then decide on what I make depending on what I want. It might work. This will also help me to incorporate the lower calorie and diabetic food.

I want to lose weight. I would get plastic surgery if I had the money. This all seems vain. If I'm not happy with who I am, I am screwed at any weight. I'm going back and forth on whether I should do monthly/bi-monthly weight-ins and measurements. It would be nice to see my progress, but I don't want to put all my focus on weight loss. I don't want weight to be the central focus of this endeavor.

Goal: Good health


0 comments: