About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

My Blog List

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Today was a Pilates morning. I use Windsor Pilates. My chiropractor recommended it, and I've enjoyed it ever since. The DVD I have uses the Pilates circle. It is a 20min. workout. I can feel the burn in my legs!

I decided to alternate Pilates and yoga, because yoga seems less . . . Intense? But I think yoga is kicking my ass more than Pilates!

Once this month is over, I'm considering getting a membership to the gym. Pilates and yoga are nice and work muscle differently, but I need to cardio. I still wonder if 20min/day of DDR will count. I already have, so I won't have to shell out more cash. Unfortunately, I will need to push a lot of furniture out of the way. When we moved our living room space kind of went down. In our previous house, the living room space was so large that it had to be turned into two rooms. Needless to say, I had enough space!

It kind of feels weird doing all this stuff without starting the diet change. I tell myself that I need to get in the habit of exercising one way or the other. You know what? This has been my first full week of doing exercise! I'm so proud of myself. The weather looks nice, so maybe we can get Juneau out hiking. That counts as aerobic activity, right?

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to have weigh-ins and measurements. As stated earlier, I want to lose the weight, but I don't want it to become the focus. It would be nice to see my progress . . . But I still have reservations ._.

2 comments:

Losing It said...

I'm about 4 months into my journey and I just found your blog, here's my opinion :)

If you do nothing, do measurements. They are awesome motivation and remind me, even when the scale isn't moving, there are changes happening. I do them once a month.

As for weigh ins, meh, go with your gut. If you don't want them to be the focus, do them monthly too. Either way, use them for encouragement, not detriment! (easier said than done)

You can do this :)

sinn said...

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking about keeping the measurements/weigh-ins monthly or bi-monthly. I was telling my husband that it would be nice to follow any progress made. If I did them, it would definitely be used as encouragement. Also the goal rewards people give themselves are awesome! Lol, it would be nice to have an "excuse" to treat myself to a spa! Lmao