About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

My Blog List

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fresh Ink

The outline is done. I need to head back in 1 -1.5mo. This was the hardest tattoo to get. I'm still going back and forth about sitting for another 1-2hrs. to get it coloured. Ouch!

I didn't see the draft until this afternoon. In some ways, I wanted a more artistic rendition of the Cheshire Cat, but I still think it turned out well. Originally, I asked him to try and incorporate white roses being painted red. He said it would have made it way too busy, so he just put roses are Cheshire. If I get it finished, he is going to have the red of the flowers taper out to white at the edges.

There was another couple in the parlor when I was getting mine done. When Diego had me turn around in the chair, the guy chuckled at me several times. I guess he thought my myriad of faces were hilarious. During the ending part, Diego told me I was twitching too much. Sheesh, I didn't even notice. And, strangely enough, the part that goes onto my breasts hurt, too! I figured that the fleshy/meaty areas wouldn't be too much of an issue. Wrong! The pain over the breastbone was very intense, but I think they hurt about the same.

If I get the full colour, I will definitely have to psych myself up to it. If I knew the pain would be that bad, I wouldn't have gotten it. That's not to say that I don't like it. I do. It is awesome! But the pain was over the top! Even the "phantom tattooing" and after bur
n is far more painful that my shoulder. The odd thing is my shoulder is less meaty/fleshy, and it didn't hurt that much. I remember the colouring hurt worse than the outlining.

Sheesh, it almost feels as though I got punched in the chest. When I got my Kanji, it didn't bleed; it bruised. On my shoulder piece, I bled like a stuck pig. Ronan -- my artist -- said that I wasn't bleeding over much, but Angel thought it was a ton. (Honestly, when I saw the paper towels he used to wipe up some ink, I thought it was a shitload myself!) This one feels like the first. Needless to say, punched in the chest :P

We ended up at Johnny Carino's for dinner. It was a wonderful treat to eat tiramisu! I ate maybe 4 bites of my dinner and a few pieces of the bread loaf. I had my priorities!
*^_____^*

Now I need to figure out how to sleep. I'll need to use a pretty big, lose fitting shirt. My favorite way to sleep is on my stomach. Every night I roll onto my stomach and stretch out.

It's time to relax and enjoy Final Destination 4. Nothing like a horror movie to make me feel better -- and to get me ready for bed ^_~

**In case it is hard to read, the text says, "We're all mad here."**

4 comments:

Joy said...

Ouch! You are very brave! Stay on track with your weight loss plans. Keep going and don't quit!! Hugs!

Losing It said...

Nice tat! I think it will look banging colored!! Coloring was the easy part always for me. Tats really are different for everyone.

sinn said...

@Joy, I'm planning on it ^_^ We just got paid, so everything is starting tomorrow! I'm excited!!

@Roxie, Thanks ^_^ On my shoulder tat, the colour hurt worse. Weird, I know. After sleeping on it, I really would like to get the colour! I'll have to remember to ask him to take breaks again. He was super accommodating, and it helped me get through it!

karen said...

You are SO much braver than I am! Right now I only have two -- a small one on my left breast (Chinese for "to seek" -- gotten to tell the boyfriend at the time that I was obviously still looking when he told me that morning that I was forbidden from getting a tattoo) and a band of flowers around my right bicep. I'm still debating the next one: what, where & when. I think I may wait until I'm at least significantly closer to my goal weight to decide ...