About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, August 5, 2010

Awesome . . . of which there is no price

*Pats back* Yup, this new template rocks!

Spending the evening -- up until 4:30am (ish) -- trying to figure out how to create a template on Gimp was a pain! I found this awesome program called Artisteer. I really love it, so I downloaded the trial version of it. Sooooo excited!!! **happy white girl dance** After spending hours hunting down backgrounds, images, and perfecting the whole layout, I go to save the file and it tells me it cannot save in the demo! Shit, I guess I can just upload it. Score! . . . Uh, no . . . Every single page is covered with "trial" on it!! Ack!

While I was sitting up reading and waiting for the cats to finish eating, I started mulling the program over in my head. "Meh, it might not be too expensive." This morning I looked at the price lists. Aaak, $50?!

Later this afternoon, after puppy kindergarten, I decided to break down and buy the program. Between my saved up allowance and some leftover money from the tax return provided enough money. Yay!! And I have some left over for books and the like (*ahem* sports bra)!! Yay!!

Most of this evening, I've been sitting around watching the 'tube and making the new layout!! Hey, I did yoga this morning, walked Juneau down to the mailbox trying "heel", and working through her class doing "heel" and other things, so I reason I burned a lot of calories today!

In the words of Po, this layout has "awesomeness and attractiveness of which there is no price."

In other news, I went by the rec center this afternoon. I wanted a tour of the facilities, because I haven't seen what they have for a long time. Unfortunately, they were closed due to summer maintenance. Next week they will be done and ready for a tour. We figured that with the reimbursement from hubby's employer would make our bill $14/mo! Depending on what the tour shows, I'm getting a year membership next week!!

5 comments:

karen said...

Love the new layout! Hope the rec center ends up having great stuff, too. I would love to have something like that near me. Heck, I would love to have ANYTHING near me that was accessible! I work for a hotel owned by a major university but we don't have access to their facilities (stupid) and the Curves that used to be just 2 itty bitty blocks from my house shut down the week before I decided I was going to renew my membership (buggers).

Losing It said...

Yay I can comment again!

Good luck with the rec center tour. I hope it's awesome :)

sinn said...

@Karen: Sheesh, that sucks! Our curves here leaves a lot to be desired :P

@Roxie: Thanks!!

Joy said...

Are you getting your rest? Girl 4:30am? How do you do it!! I need at least 7 hours of "beauty rest" or I'm toast!! Hugs!

sinn said...

@Joy: Usually I crash around 11pm! It was so strange that I wasn't tired. Even more strange my body waking me up after so little sleep. I need about 7-8hrs "beauty rest" as well *^_^*