About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Monday, August 23, 2010

Braaaaaiiiiins

The zombie has returned again.

Working with the personal trainer was a lot better than I thought. Doing something completely different always makes me anxious. But, since this process about changing myself, the new me can handle anything ^_~ Roar!

The personal trainer wanted me to focus in aerobics, which I figured. We walked around the track several times keeping our pace up. My muscle didn't want to wake up. My calf muscles were really cramping and painful. I'm not sure why. I usually do a hard intensity on the treadmill *shrug* Anyways, he showed me a lot of stretches and workouts on the stability ball. I forgot that it was low intensity, but it really worked my muscles! After that, we worked on the weights. He wants me working with lower weights and higher reps. It was awesome to get back on the machines! It has been awhile! We ended the session by walking on the treadmill. It really didn't challenge me, because I do inclines and stuff on my own. But it was still pretty cool.

He even suffers from sports-induced asthma. He confirmed my believe: asthma will get better the with more exercise and strengthening the lungs. He has almost fully recovered from his asthma. Unless he is really, really pushing himself, he doesn't need his rescue inhaler. But, interestingly enough, while I've been out of breath, I haven't felt the need to use my inhaler. Yay!

My moment of humility: When we were working on the bar pull-down, I totally fell backwards over the seat! *^_^*

Working out this way will definitely show progress! I was kind of annoyed that he believed healthy and in shape meant being skinny. It's not true, but I figured he was think that.

Juneau wants to play, but I am too tired . . . But its a hurt-so-good! I wish I brought my swimming suit! The whirlpool would be so nice! Sadly, our hot tub is not heated. All I would have to do is throw Juneau out and soak . . . . Ahhhhh

4 comments:

spice2116 said...

i always wondered what it would be like to have a trainer pushing me and making me work harder. kind of like cracking that whip lol

sinn said...

@Ginger: It wasn't a bad "cracking the whip" :) In some ways he was king of supporting and empowering. If you ever get a chance, you should try it.

The Incredible Shrinking Woman said...

I fear the PT- personal Trainer. It's one diet leap I have yet to make. But one of these days, POW!!!! Right in the abs. I know it's coming. Just avoiding it as long as I can!!! lol
Great job!

sinn said...

LoL! Yeah, I was almost sweating bullets this morning due to anxiety over meeting him. But it was a LOT better than I imagined. When you're ready, a PT will be awesome ^_~