About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010

To Snack Or Not To Snack . . . That is the Question

The last few weeks have shown me that I am a snackaholic. For whatever reason, I just snack and snack and snack. My favorite item of choice: Just about anything with grease (yummy!). I've been having a great deal of issues because I just want to snack. Right now for instance, I want to go pop of healthy popcorn, but I'm really not hungry. Hmm . . .

Sitting here watching the remake of Friday the 13th and trying to figure out this revelation. In Women, Food and God, Roth talks about "us" being obsessed with food. She states that, deep down, we eat for some deeper meaning in an attempt to not deal with it. At some level, I agree. In my case, I realized I was bored. Yeah, I enjoy the crap I'm watching, but I just eat. Digging into this, I think it started out as boredom, watching movies at the theater, and eating meals while in front of the TV. For me I think it has become a force of habit. At the moment, my brain (?)/ingrained habits are telling me that I need to snack. RIGHT NOW!!! But when I stop and listen to my body, I'm not hungry. Eating the same amount as dinner last night, I felt stuffed! It was only one patty of the meatloaf rounds, but it felt as though I ate a freaking feast! I even decided to try Pepsi Max, but it took forever to drink it due to my fullness level.

I found drink water, but I'm too full to even do that! This is insane!

Do any of your guys have this problem? How do you deal with it?

3 comments:

spice2116 said...

i say dont snack!! step away from the food. i used to be a snacker too mostly because i was bored and always in the kitchen secondly i eat when i get angry. i have cleaned out my house of not good snacks so it is not so bad but still listen to your body

Losing It said...

I snack at work, never at home. I don't know why, I just get bored I suppose.

What I snack on - broccoli, carrots, apple, kiwi, banana, granola. I keep sunflower seeds in my desk just to give my mouth something to do instead of walking to the vending machine.

When you want a snack, just stop and ask yourself are you hungry or just bored? Then walk away if you are bored or grab a crystal lite ;)

sinn said...

Thanks, guys! I figured snacking wasn't a smart idea. I got the junk out of my house, so I have almonds and fruit to reach to if I suddenly find myself snacking.

The crystal lite is a good idea! I have a couple of the packages to put in a little water bottle. That's how I manage to get a lot of water down. Something about no-flavor makes me really bored, and I don't end up drinking more. If you were wondering, yes, I have ADD ^_~