About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Good morning Starshine, the Earth says, "Hello!"

I got out of bed and went over to the rec center. It was a pretty hardcore work out. I managed to stay on the elliptical machine for 5 minutes without stopping! Haha, I told you, elliptical machine, I will conquer you! **shakes fist** I used to love the rowing machine, so I hopped on that with high expectations. LoL, yeah . . . . The way the machine is positioned -- and my cute gym shoes -- it pulls my shoe off! Not very good for a workout. However, I still did well with everything else. Man, I sparkled after I got off of the treadmill -- before heading home. Is that how Stephanie Meyer's vampires sparkle in the day light? Sheeesh, I wish I had that workout stamina, LoL ^_~

Yesterday for dinner, I ate Taco Bell. I was craving it for lunch, but finished off our healthy leftovers. I was still craving it, so we got dinner over there and a movie to watching tonight at Hastings. Yeah, it wasn't the best choice. But, hey, Geneen Roth says to allow yourself to eat what you crave. I didn't overeat, just happily munched ^____^ We're heading out to a local place today. We both forgot to pick up meat for dinner/lunch, so we're going out. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have time to make lunch even if we went to pick up the meat now. It would cut into my hubby's lunch time too much for him to eat. Oh well, better planning next time.

All in all, even though I have slipped a few times, I feel good! I feel awake, empowered, and GOOD!

This is a little TMI, so be warned:
On my mother's side of the family, we have always had really tricky bowels. I can go for weeks without a bowel movement Taking the fiber pills, increasing my fiber intake, drinking prune juice, etc. has never worked. Everything is in working order, the bowels don't want to move. Usually, I have to end up taking a laxative to finally get things out of my system. My mom has struggled with this for a long time, her grandmother did, her aunts, etc., so it is nothing new. Anyways, after starting this adventure, I have not had a issue with my bowels! Yay!! I'm not sure what is doing it. My mom exercises everyday, takes fiber pills, prune juice, etc. (and she is SKINNY), but it never seems to help her stay regular. I wonder why I am starting to. Either way, YAY!!!

On an ending note, here is the playlist I listen to at the rec center. Some of the songs couldn't be found and some of them are only partial. The last version of "I Hate Myself for Loving You" ended up there as a mistake. I'm not sure how to delete things, so . . .






Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

2 comments:

Joy said...

Keep working it girl. Every day can't be perfect. Just keep focused and soon your diet will clean up. Then you won't be craving fast food.

Glad the exercise is helping you so much. There are so many benefits to getting fit and healthy!!!

You're doing it!!! Keep going!!

Hugs!

sinn said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Joy! It is hard when I crave food that is not good for me. While we were eating all of that crap, I desired to be making better choices and eating at home. The idea of going to one more fast food place made me sick. Haha, now eliminating it from my diet makes me crave it. Things seem to work that way :P

I agree, it will get easier as time goes on. I have taken small steps to reach a goal. Even the little victories -- like the elliptical machine, the Destroyer of Mankind -- are amazing!