About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yay!

I was just messing around on the 'net reading *BitchCakes*, and decided to take a look at Zumba on YouTube. It looks awesome! I thought about buying one of the DVDs when I bought the DVD to Punk Rope, but THEY HAVE A CLASS HERE!! Even though this is a university town, we're still pretty backwater on a lot of things. However, they have ZUMBA classes every Tuesday evening from 5:30 - 6:30. Since I don't like trying things new by myself, I talked my husband into going with me. He is taking ballet classes from the local dance center, so I thought he might be willing to try. If not, I might be able to convince Ninja to come . . . . If he has not dance classes on Tuesday. (That boy dances like a MADMAN!) I is so pumped ^______^

In other news, I ended up eating Toxic Smell for lunch (and drinking wild cherry Pepsi as I type). After coming home from the gym, I crashed on the couch and slept for nearly 3 hours!!! Is that normal? (side note, I didn't get to sleep until after midnight) By the time I had to pick hubby up, there was no time to make the patties and cook them for 20min. He had to get back to work. I'm going to make them for dinner tonight. We were planning on grabbing something for lunch tomorrow because of our psych appointment, but I am cracking down and making myself eat the leftovers of the patties. On Friday, he desperately wants to go to lunch at the local vegetarian place. I'm not sure what they are like as far as calorie intake, but everything is freshly made. That's gotta be better than your typical restaurant.

I keep freaking out and feeling guilty, but I keep reminding myself that this isn't a diet. It is about finding balance in the way I eat. If we eat out occasionally and I limit my soda intake to those times, I'm still eating well. Plus, continuing the exercise will only help.

Haha, I definitely need to get in shape! The elliptical machine proved that this morning. After battling with the programs on it for while, I decided that I would warm up on the stationary bike. In that way, my legs are powerful, so I usually avoid it for other leg exercises. Anyways, in about 15min I went 7mi on the bike. Sadly, I had to take several breaks because my foot was trying to cramp or something in the middle. I needed to stop many times to stretch it out. I tried different leg pressure, foot placement on the peddle, etc. *shrug* It sucked, but pumping out 7mi in 15min ROCKS!! After that, I tried the elliptical machine again . . . You had to start using the machine before the program/controls would turn on. Trying to move the "peddles" and focus on the controls make is very hard NOT to throw yourself off! It was a struggle trying to get it to work. After that, maybe 5min!!!! Only 5min!! Epic fail :( I finished my hour on the treadmill doing the cardio program.

All in all, it was all good. I'm definitely going back tomorrow. I forgot to ask about the personal trainer, so I'll get that done when I head back in. I'm excited, but kind of nervous about it! I'm very out of shape and I have sports induced asthma (it is not limited to sports), and that makes everything worse. The personal trainer should know how to work around those two things.

Once my ink heals and the whirl pool is open, my gym visits will end there . . . Awwwww . . . So far, even though I was kind of anxious about going by myself, everything turned out pretty well! Me excited about the gym!

4 comments:

spice2116 said...

zumba does look awesome!! i ordered the videos yesterday and should be getting them soon. i am excited to hear how you like it?

great job at getting to the gym. just getting there is half the battle for people.

sinn said...

@Ginger: Half the battle is right! After going today, I feel pretty empowered about going the rest of the week. It just takes once!

Zumba looks awesome! If you get it before next Tuesday, let me know what you think!

Joy said...

Seven miles in 15 minutes - you rock!! Now I feel bad, I can do 7 in 1/2 hour. I need to get on it!!!

You will love having a trainer!! I hope you get a good one!!

sinn said...

@Joy: This wasn't a constant 15min. I had to take breaks to stretch out my foot :P