About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, August 5, 2010

Recap Day 3 & Day 4

Recap Day 3:
After our lunch out, my evening was sad. I had planned on making black bean and rice enchiladas for dinner. Hubby has dance class until 6:30, so I figured the stuff could go into the oven around 6:10. I knew that it needed to be started early. I had every plan of doing so. The internet and making blogger layouts distracted me. Finally looking down at the clock, I see it is 5:38!! Running into the kitchen, I get everything out and figured I could pull it together pretty quickly. Not! I remembered that the rice needed to be cooked. Unfortunately, the package I got called for close to a hour of cooking time. *sigh*

Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but hubby had to go back into work after dinner. Needless to say, we ended up grabbing a quick Taco Bell (aka Toxic Smell ^_~) dinner. I wasn't too thrilled. However, I must admit that it tasted good *^_^*

On top of that adventure, I ended up staying up until nearly 5am! My hubby still was not home :(

Day 4:
Lunch: One chipotle sloppy joe (less than 406cal),some ranch flavored rice cakes (cannot remember the cal count), and half of a bottle of Sprite (100cal). Nom nom nom!

Even though I only had about 4.5 -5hrs of sleep, my body got me up this morning. The cats have been fed, the hubby is sleeping, and I've been goofing off on my computer. I did manage to get yoga done this morning. It really kicked my ass!

Quotes for the day:

"Women turn to food when they are not hungry because they are hungry for something they can't name: a connection to what is beyond the concerns of daily life. Something deathless, something sacred. But replacing the hunger for divine connection with Double Stuf Oreos is like giving a glass of sand to a person dying of thirst. It creates more thirst, more panic. Combine the utter inefficacy of dieting with the lack of spiritual awareness and we have generations of mad, ravenous, self-loathing women. We have become obsessed with getting rid of our obsession, with riding on top of our suffering and ignoring its inherent message, that we lose the pieces of ourselves waiting to be found beneath it. But fixing ourselves is not the same as being ourselves. The real richness of obsession lies in the ineffable stillness, the irrefutable wholeness, that is found in turning toward its source."
Women, Food and God - Geneen Roth
I just found this quote to be very deep! I still have a hard time thinking of myself as an emotional eater, but this really puts a different spin on it. Awhile back, my husband ended getting a horrible, horrible case of depression. During that time, I felt as though I just had a roommate, and that I needed to take on a mothering role just to get him through the day. Obviously I had needs that were not being met. I ended up buying a lot of stuff on the internet. And, trust me, I have always been very frugal. Even spending allowance money on a book was agonizing. Imagine how shocked I was that I turned to buying things. In the long run, I was never getting my need met. I was only getting instant gratification; it didn't last.
"But while we spend plenty of time working on our bodies, exercising, dieting, and making improvements, we don't just listen [to our bodies]."
Transparent: Getting Honest About Who We Are and Who We Want to Be - Sarah Zacharias Davis
What would it mean if we started listening to our bodies, our intuition, and God? I think our focus would be completely different if we sat quietly and listened to what our bodies had to tell us. Slowing down and paying attention to what I ate, I was amazed to discover how little food I need at a sitting. Hubby is a skinny computer geek, and he eats for than I do! In fact, he eats 3/4 more!

Anyways, those are just some thoughts running through my brain this morning.

2 comments:

Joy said...

This is a great post! I love the quote! Hugs!

sinn said...

@Joy: Thanks!