About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Purple Rain

One of the cycling shops is hiring. They are asking people to bring their resumes in person. I've been in the bathroom trying to figure out my make up. I want it to be appropriate, but not completely boring. Usually, I like to wearing crazy colours and whatnot. That will not work. We ran by Wal*Mart to pick up some light pinkish lipstick, gloss, and blush. The stuff I have is a little too much. I probably could have just gone with gloss, but . . . *shrug*

Anyways, one look is kind of like a played down peach. It has some light pink on the lid (really muted), coral on the outer half, a taupe colour in the crease, and a darker brown for the outer-v. I also added brown gel liner and mascara for a little definition. The other look has a lighter colour on the lid (kind of like a colour that would be used as a brow highlight), a taupe in the crease, and a darker colour in the outer-v. It also has brown gel-liner and a little mascara. Oh yeah, both eyes have a little wing on the end and brown shadow swept under the eyes.

On my lips, I used a light pink/light nude and LIGHT pink blush. Both of those are awesome, and I'm planning on using those. However, I'm torn about the eyes! I would do an awesome purple/blue, but I have a feeling that it wouldn't go over the best. Anyways, any suggestions are appreciated!!

My other issue deals with my chest tattoo. The only really nice shirts I have are lower neckline. I'm worried about the tattoo hindering my chances at a job. But I tell myself, if I am meant to have this job, it won't matter if they see the tattoo.

LoL, I'm not even sure if I will get the job. I'm just turning in a resume. But I don't want to hurt my chances. With the hours, the job might be a pain, but it shouldn't be open much later than 6pm. That would work well with hubby's hours. Either way, please keep me in prayer. God is in control, and I want to have the job that is best for me. If it isn't this one, let me know.

Hubby is going to the doctor tomorrow. He has had some serious numbness on the outer left side of his left hand. It doesn't appear to be attached to anything -- meaning, it is not extending up his arm. It stops shortly after his palm/upper wrist. This has been going on for some time. He has been in and out of the doctor and taking anti-inflammatory medicine in case it is some swelling further up. It hasn't made too much of a difference. The doctor is afraid that it could be MS. Hubby might be headed to an MRI. We've been praying against MS, but we would like to know what is going on. Please keep this is your prayers and thoughts.

**hugs**

3 comments:

Losing It said...

I'm no help on the make up. I use the same thing over and over. A cream color on the eye with mascara. A warm brown blush. Clear lip gloss. Some days I change up my eyeshadow to a light pink or a silvery white. I barely have to time to get dressed some mornings lol

I will keep my thoughts with your hubby. I hope it's nothing more than a pinched nerve or carpal tunnel in the wrist!

Losing It said...

Oh and regarding the tattoo, I have a small chest tattoo that I keep covered up during interviews and such. I don't make it known until I have a job and I will ask what their thoughts are regarding tattoos / piercings and dress code.

I have facial piercings and have never hidden them, but then again, I haven't applied to any kind of job in a very long time lol

sinn said...

My facial pierces aren't hidden. The chest tattoo would be easy to cover up, but I would have to go out and buy a special shirt :P HeeHee, honestly, I should invest in one!

So far, the doctor thinks it could be a form of Golfer's Elbow (on the opposite side of Tennis Elbow). The doc gave my hubby some exercises to work on. If nothing changes, he will have to see either an orthopedic surgeon or a neurologist. There is a small chance that his medications made be causing it. So he has a call into our psych nurse. Hopefully it will be figured out soon! Thanks for the thoughts!