About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers

Total Pageviews

My awards

Labels

.family (1) 'fridge (1) 1500 calorie diet (1) 1500 calories (2) 17 day diet (1) 344 pounds (1) accident (2) accomplishments (1) aerobic exercise (1) angel (7) animals (2) anorexia (1) art (1) august (2) aunt flo (1) award (1) belly dancinc (1) bff (3) bibliophile (1) bike (2) birthday (3) bitch (1) BMI (1) boobs (1) books (1) bras (1) breakfast (1) breasts (1) bulimia (1) bullying (1) calories (1) cardio (10) cars (4) cats (1) challenge (1) change (2) church (2) cleaning (9) clothing (2) comic books (2) confession (2) couch (1) couch potato (1) curvy women (1) daily workout (1) dance (1) day 1 (2) day 2 (1) day 3 (2) day 4 (1) day 5 (1) DDR (3) depression (1) diet (1) dog (1) drawing (1) eating disorders (1) eating out (2) elliptical machine (13) emotional eating (1) epic fail (1) exercise (12) exercise diary (2) exercise DVDs (1) exercise log (2) family (2) fashion (1) fat acceptance (1) fish (1) flylady (1) food (5) food diary (2) geek (4) Geneen Roth (2) goals (1) good health (4) graphic novels (4) gym (17) gyn (1) hammock (1) healthy lifestyle (4) heels (1) hiking (1) hoarding (1) hot tub (2) hubby (5) ink (4) ipod (1) jobs (18) jogging (2) johnny carino's (1) juneau (19) junk food (3) just my size yoga (3) kitchen (1) kung fu panda (1) lane bryant (1) layout (1) lazy (1) life (1) machines (1) mailbox (1) makeup (3) me (1) measurements (3) medication (1) meh (1) milk (1) mini-goals (1) money (3) movies (2) music (1) nap (2) netflix (1) never day diet (1) never say diet (1) new ink (3) new year's (1) new year's resolution (1) nitty-gritty (1) obstacle (2) oprah (1) out of shape (1) party (1) personal trainer (3) pilates (9) pilates gym (1) plan (1) playlist (6) pop (1) portion control (1) punk rope (1) quotes of the day (4) radio (2) rec center (39) reflections (1) resolution (1) restart (1) resume (1) review (1) rockabilly (1) running (14) school (1) sedate (1) self image (1) sephora (1) sick (10) Sinn Wagon (2) sleep (7) slippage (17) snack (1) society (1) stability ball (1) starting fresh (1) stationary bike (2) swimming pool (2) swimsuit (2) tattoo (4) tgif (1) thoughts (8) tiramisu (1) tmi (3) torrid (1) treadmill (8) university (1) update (2) video games (2) walking (10) weather (4) wee5 (1) week 1. (1) week 1.3 (3) week 2 (8) week 2 review (1) week 3 (9) week 4 (8) week 5 (5) week 6 (2) week 7 (3) week 8 (3) week 9 (1) weekly exercise (37) weekly goals (6) weekly menu (15) weigh-ins (6) weight loss blogs (2) weights (5) whirl pool (5) women food god (3) yoga (7) zombies (5) zumba (2)
Copyright Sinnful Designs, Inc., Gabrielle Sunderman. Powered by Blogger.
Friday, August 27, 2010
I just got my first blog award! Thanks, Roxie! I'm not really sure what this means, but I'm excited and blessed nonetheless!

So the rules are:

1. Post who gave you this award
2. State 10 things you like
3. Give this award to 10 other bloggers and notify them with a comment

1. Reading: Having a degree in English, I'm sure this surprises most people ^_~ I've loved books since my mother started reading to me as a child. For the most part, I would only read fantasy novels. Now, I have to say, urban fantasy and horror spark my interest. Wanting to expand my horizons, I started picking up general fiction, and I love them too ^_^ I've been part of a 50 book challenge -- you read 50+ books a year -- for several years. The first year didn't herald much success, but lately I've been averaging well over 50.

2. Drawing: I've been doodling on my notes for years and messing around with crayons. Wanting to expand my drawing horizons, I started drawing anime pictures from reference. It just took off from there. After taking a drawing course -- and passing with flying colours *pats back* -- I kind of lost my desire. It is starting to return, but slowly.

3. Video Games: I remember when the NES came out. My brother got one for Christmas. Before that, we played my grandfather's Comador 64. Same with Roxie, I remember playing MUDS when I was younger. For some reason, the highly interactive RPG style games don't hold my interest as much as others. LoL, a lot of guys don't want to believe that every gaming system in the house -- aside from the Wii -- belong to me. Currently, I have a Sega Genesis, PS1, PS2, Xbox, and Xboc 360. At the moment, I have playing my way through Batman: Arkham Asylum, Silent Hill: Homecoming, and Brutal Legend. When I want mindless game play, I put in Guitar Hero.

4. Graphic novels/Comics: I was always facinated by the art in graphic novels an comics, but I didn't get into them until I took an English class dedicated to them. My favorite is the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman, Hack/Slash, Fables, and some standalone like Th Watchmen (read it a LONG time before the movie came out).

5. Batman: Even though I never read the Batman comics as a kid, the movies and TV show sprouted a respect for Wayne. The Dark Knight is my favorite Batman movie. A class required for graduation in the English department is a seminar class. We have to write papers and present them as though we were at a conference. My paper was about Batman (Frank Miller's version) and Rorschach. I argued that in order to become the hero, they must first become monsters so they are able to move outside the limits/lines of society. In The Dark Knight, Batman taking the death of Harvey Dent proved my point in film. I wish it had come out earlier, so I could use it as a source ^_^

6. Anime/Manga: I experienced my first anime in The Last Unicorn and some Nic show as a child. Hubby, friends, and I have been to numerous anime cons. Scary, but cool ^_~ Some of our favorites include Trigun, Helsing, Death Note, Moon Phase, Trinity Blood, and so on. This love also includes a collection of scantily clad anime figures ^___^

7. Horror/Slashers: Slasher films preform a specific function in society, and they have yet to fail. To me, they are absolutely hilarious! I can't explain my love of horror films. Part of me enjoys the adrenaline of being scared, and part of me loves to laugh through them.

8. Harley Quinn: She makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I have about three figures of her and another one on order for the Arkham Asylum collection!!

9. Zombies: Do I really need to explain this one? ^______^ (Survival of the Dead is sitting in my mailbox from Netflicks and Resident Evil: Aftershock 3D is coming out on September 10th!!)

10. Piercing and Tattoos: I have six piercings -- both lobes, helix, industrial, and nasal. I've thought about getting more, but my helix has been a pain for the last 4+ years I've had it. Also, my industrial has some hypertrophic scaring that won't go away :( I have 3 tattoos. I'm getting my 3rd coloured in on September 11th. I have one more tattoo to get. It's a tattoo I had drawn/designed from a commission. Hubby likes ravens and I like wolves. I had a tribal wolf and raven tattoo drawn up as a special thing to get done. I have weird issues with tattooing some person's name on my body, but this could be considered the same :P I would like to get a half sleeve of Delirium from Sandman comics on my left arm. I think it would be awesome to get Gambit on my forearm. I also want a pin up zombie/a pin up with a sugar skull. But, really, I might not get anymore after the tribal.

3 comments:

spice2116 said...

you're a sweetheart! thanks for thinking of me it was fun to get to know you better.

Alexia said...

hey! thanks for the award! :)
do you like graphic memoirs, too? i love graphic memoirs.

sinn said...

@Alexia: Never read any. What would you suggest?